All You Want To Know About NEET Exam Details And Eligibility Criteria
NEET is the acronym for The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test is the new entrance examination to qualify for medical courses. The Ministry of Human Resource Development in India, had introduced NEET as the eligibility test for Undergraduate Medical Courses like M.B.B.S. & B.D.S. and Post Graduate Medical Courses like M.S. & M.D.
NEET has been created to replace AIPMT and other Under Graduate level Medical Entrance Examinations with a vision to create a single entrance exam for all students who are medical aspirants in India. Different medical examinations posed challenges both for the parents and the aspirants with a different syllabus, different exam centers and different style of questions papers. NEET addresses to solve all such issues and avoid confusions. This is one score that will be taken into consideration by the medical colleges the aspirants wish to apply for.
NEET Exam Details
The process of availability of forms until the declaration of results takes about six months. In 2018, the forms will be available on 31st January 2018, the last date for submission of forms will be on 1st March 2018 and the release of admit cards on April 2018. The exam date is scheduled on 7th May 2018 with the results getting declared on 8th June 2018, followed by counseling sessions. Just like in 2018, every year same shall be the approximate schedule of events in NEET.
- The aspirants should be 17 years of age at the time of admission to the medical college. The upper limit of age eligibility is 25 years with 5 years additional age relaxation to the candidates of the reserved category.
- The candidates should have passed Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English separately and must have acquired a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry & Biology/ Biotechnology at the Class XII level examination.
- Those belonging to the SC/ST/OBC category stand to get an additional relaxation of 10% (i.e 40% taken aggregately) in the marks.
- Those belonging to physically disabled category stand to get a relaxation of additional 5% in aggregate marks.
- Those appearing for their Class XII examinations can also appear for NEET, but their admission will be subject to the marks obtained.
- Those applying for NEET should be the citizens of India.
All details regarding the NEET exam details or eligibility criteria can be accessed from the official NEET website