Science enthusiasts opt for IIT JAM exam to gain entrance into esteemed IISc and IIT institutions in the country. The qualifying students pursue R&D career in basic science and interdisciplinary parts of science and technology. Clearing IIT JAM means getting admission into M Sc or M Sc +PhD courses. Students taking IIT JAM exam must handle objective type questions. At Achieva, online coaching centre we offer a systematic approach to crack the question paper. The Mathematics and Statistic syllabus is up to graduation level, and these are objective in nature to test the efficiency of the students in the subject.
General Information On IIT JAM Exam
The Organising Institute for IIT JAM conducts Computer Based Test (CBT) for all papers. In total there are seven test papers and all are objective type.
- In the Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) there are four choices given, and only one is the right answer.
- In the Numerical Answer Type (NAT), an answer is a real number with signs, and the right answer has to be typed on the virtual keypad to be displayed on the monitor.
- There are no choices given. The candidates have to take the test online.
- There are no hard copies provided. Similarly, there will be no hard copy of the scores provided by the Organising Institute to the JAM qualified candidates.
IIT JAM Qualification And Eligibility
Age and Qualification
There is no age restriction to take IIT JAM test. The candidate must have completed their bachelor's degree with 55% aggregate including all subjects to qualify for the test.
Questions and Marks
The question paper will be in English only, and there will be a total of 60 questions. There will be no negative marking for Section B & C. The total mark is 100 for the 60 questions.
The exam is conducted in seven subjects Biological Science, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Statistics, and Physics. These subjects are fully objective and come in three different patterns, Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), Multiple Select Questions (MSQ), Number Answer Type (NAT).
Exam Date & Duration
The admission is based on the scores of the IIT JAM test and is purely meritorious. The IIT JAM 2018 entrance examination will be held on 11, February by IIT Bombay. The total duration of the test is for three hours.
IIT JAM PreparationGet The Dates Right
Important dates related to IIT JAM 2018 are as below:
- Application form will be issued in the First week of September 2017
- The last date for submission of the online application form is Second week of October 2017
- The last date for payment of fee is Second week of October 2017
- Admit card will be given during the Second week of January 2018
- Mock test link will be available from February 2018
- Exam date will be fixed during the Second week of February 2018
- Result will be announced during the last week of March 2018
- Submission of admission form – Second to Fourth week of April 2018
- Last date for receipt of change of category – Second week of May 2018
- The first list of admission will be out during First week of June 2018
- The second list of admission will be out during 3rd week of June 2018
- The third list of admission will be out during 1st week of July 2018
- Closure of admission during 2nd week of July 2018